Pages

Review of The Arthurian Omen by G.G. Vandagriff



    Growing up, I just loved stories about King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table, so when I heard about The Arthurain Omen, by G.G. Vandagriff, I knew I had to read it.
   When Maren Southcott gets a call from her sister, Rachel, saying she thinks there is a manuscript that would prove that King Arthur was real and not just a story, Maren is just as intrigued as Rachel. When Rachel asks her to come to Scottland, to help her find the manucript, Maren jumps at the chance. She doesn't realize her life is about to get very complicated.
   Losing her husband to a killer, Maren marries a man who she finds out is a crook. When she overhears him talking about the manuscript, she is determined to keep him from getting it.
   When Maren arrives in Scottland, she finds out that Rachel has been murdered. She vows to find the manuscript because that's what Rachel would have wanted. She had no idea that others want it as well and when Maren's daughter, Clair, is kidnapped and held for the manuscript, she will stop at nothing to find it.
   Cheif Inspector Llewellyn from Scottland Yard is determined to keep Maren safe and to help her find her kidnapped daughter. Now Maren is in a race against time to find the manuscript before anyone else does so that she can get her daughter back. The problem is that she's not the only one looking.
    The Authurian Omen has a good storyline. There is plenty of history, mystery, suspense and even a little bit of romance. My only problem with the book was that it seemed too slow at times. There wasn't as much nail biting action as I would have liked to have seen. Overall, however, the story was very interesting.

My rating? ***stars

I would like to thank G.G. for making The Dark Circle blog a stop on her Gala tour and I wish her all the luck in the world with her book.

1 comments:

Megan said...

Hi, new follower here! I found you via Book Blogs.

Great review!

Hope you can check out my site too if you get a chance?

Thanks,

Megan @ Storybook Love Affair

http://storybookloveaffair.blogspot.com

Post a Comment